Friday, August 17, 2007

Don't Waste Your Time with Shopster...Sell the Things you want to Sell on EBAY!

Ebay is easy. Millions of people from all over the world log onto Ebay everyday. 90% of my items that I bring to auction sell. I have no problems whatsoever. In fact, I didn't have to build a website. I purchase gemstones at wholesale prices and watch the bidding wars. Items that I purchase for $1.75 I put up for auction at a starting bid of $5.00 and most of the time the item will sell for over $10.00 plus $3.95 shipping and handling. Last week alone I had 73 auctions sell and I made over $600.00 for the week. I'm averaging $2,000 a month take home. All you need is a digital camera and great auction frendly items. Open a paypal acount and you're in business. No reaL overhead. Just a computer and a printer and some shipping supplies. I enjoy it and It and I sell to many of the same customers. In fact, I've built up a clientel and many of my clients purchase from me outside of ebay. Ebay is the perfect solution for me because I'm a stay home dad with 4 children and I only work my ebay account 2 hours a day. I don't ship until the item clears with Paypal or until the check clears. I ship twice a week and I've had absolutely no complaints.

Shopster ripped me off, plain and simple. I origionally wanted to go the drop shipping route but I find that with drop shipping, I have no control of what is being shipped or if it's being shipped at all. If you want to join Shopster, go right ahead. For me, Ebay is the way to go.

2 comments:

Randy said...

A couple of days after my last post, I sold a gemstone pendant necklace on ebay for $38.00. The auction started at $5.00 and the item only cost me $1.75 wholesale. This happens on occassion.

I tried selling items from Shopster onto Ebay. I had no success. The items I wanted to sell were either not auction friendly or the same items were being auctioned at a fraction of the price that Shopster was letting me purchase the items for.

I found that many of Shopster's so called "Wholesale" prices were higher than average "Retail". I wasn't going to make "Unlimited Profits". and I felt ripped off; especially when an Item that I thought sold turned out to be an item that was no longer available. However, 24 hours after I received the email from them, the Shopster warehouse still showed the item available with 6 left in stock.

I'm not the only one complaining. Check with the BBB.

Shopster made it perfectly clear to me that my money won't be refunded to me. They also refused to let me back in after they told me they would. They stole my money. They ripped me off. They robbed me. Many of the people that were with Shopster when I was there several months ago, have vanished.

Ebay is a better way to make "Unlimited Profits". The only one making "Unlimited Profits" with Shopster is Shopster.

DARIA - New York said...

Thank you for this! I nearly got trapped! My plan was the do the wholesale thing as well, at first. Guess it's best to go back and rethink my business plan, buy wholesale and sell for more. Once again, thank you!